Wednesday 20 March 2013

Steampunk Birthday

Hey, made this card for a friend's birthday, this one turned out better then I expected as male cards are hard to create! 
I started by colouring the 'Steampunk Doggy' image in with my promarkers and edging the image with copper ink.
I then used my new die to cut a patterned backing square and a smaller sentiment square. I used a silver backing card, and backed this with a blue dotty paper, edged with copper ink. I used peel offs to create the sentiment square, also edged with copper ink.
I attached the patterned square and image and then added ribbon stuck down the edge of the card. To finish, I added two stripey card candy in opposite corners.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :- 
delightful sketches - one for the boys
creative card crew - masculine
ooh-la-la-creations challenges - it's a man thing
stamping with dragon - it's a dogs life
crafty ribbons challenge - One for the boys

5 comments:

  1. Wow - love it. Your design is amazing and the image looks great. Male cards are hard but this one superb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull card. Great colouring on the image. Like the pattern on the ribbon.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. great image and love the colouring :)
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, great colouring.

    Thanks for joining in over at SDD, good luck.

    Hugs

    Jo DT xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab image for a male themed card. Great colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete