Monday 11 March 2013

Happy Mothers Day

Hey, here is the card I made for my mum this year...she loved it :)

I started by printing my sentiment and cutting it out with my only cutting die, edging it with pale yellow ink and then cutting a purple backing with the larger cutting die. I then backed the sentiment and backing with a doily.
I edged the backing card with purple ink and then covered it with cream patterned card.
I attached the main sentiment into the top right hand corner of the card and then added purple wavy and white music ribbon to the bottom of the card. I added a butterfly brad to the top corner above the sentiment.
To enhance the sentiment, I added five flowers which I built up from deep purples to lilacs with a brad in the centers. To these flowers, I added three wired gems. To finish, I added two lilac pearls in opposite corners of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: - 
joanna sheen challenge - mums the word
cupcake craft challenges - its only words
dream valley challenges - mothers day
sugar creek hollow - photo inspiration
crafts 4 eternity - marvellous mums
love to create challenge - lavender and lace

14 comments:

  1. I sure did love it- thanks for making Mothers Day so special - love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn this is gorgeous the sentiment so heart felt and perfect, and what an array of flowers simply beautiful
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Great sentiment and beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    DT member
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Kat, your flowers look ace xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card, the flowers and colours are so beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very pretty...love your take on the colors...so happy to see you at sch this week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful sentiment! I love your pretty bouquet of flowers, too! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! Such pretty colours and your sentiment is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. just loving the sentiment so glad you joined us at SCH with your lovely card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work, thanks for joining in with our "only Words" challenge this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card!!! I love the sentiment! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create challenge!
    Hugs,
    Chris
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Card Crew DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card and beautiful sentiment! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenges!!

    Jacki - LTC Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card. A lovely sentiment and pretty flowers.

    Thanks for joining this fortnights challenge at Joanna Sheen.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete