Friday 10 August 2012

Life Is Beautiful

Hey, here is a generic card I made just incase I ever need one in an emergency. I used a new stamp that I bought from a show for just £1!!!!!...Very impressed :)
I stamped my image in black and coloured it using my promarkers. I then cut her into an oval and edged her with pink grapefruit ink. I then cut a yellow backing oval for the image which I edged with red ink. To make the backing paper for my card I used a new technique I picked up. I embossed a piece of white card with a Creative Expressions Flowers Mask and used the Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink to colour the card. I then  embossed the card with clear embossing powder and heated it from the back to give a smoother finish; while the embossing powder was still soft I brushed peach melba mica powder onto the backing and re-heated it. I am very impressed with the way it looks. I edged this with red ink and backed it with orange paper. I attached orange flowery ribbon across the top and lefthand side of the card and used a hat embellishment on the crossover. I built up flowers to embellish the card and from the two top ones I attached flower and butterfly metal charms with ribbon so they hang out the bottom. To finish, I stamped one of my new Alleyway sentiments 'Life is beautiful' with a speech bubble (which I won as a prize off a different card) and inked this up with red yellow and pink grapefruit.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: -

13 comments:

  1. What a summer card - that stamp is so lovely and so is the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love your embossed background and fab image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is really sweet Kathryn… what a cute image and you've coloured it beautifully… the papers and flowers are so pretty and I love the embossing!! the charms and little hat are perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! so bright and cheery and i love the metal flower and butterfly! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, cute image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Forever Friends 'Something New' Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Thanks for joining CFAS #33..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours, well done. Thanks for playing along with us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous is this! - love the papers and gorgeous little image thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and pretty blooms! Thanks for joining us at FF challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute little card
    Thanks for playing at MAWTT this week for our Summer challenge, hope you will join us again soon
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card
    thank you for joining us this time
    at
    Digistamps4Joy.
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for entering your really cute creation into our challenge at Digistamps4Joy.
    luv'n huggz
    jen Leeflang
    DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY DT LEAD

    ReplyDelete