Monday 14 May 2012

Music

Hey, back at uni now so less time to craft :( Did get time today to make this card though...no particular theme but will use it to write to Granny and Grandad with :)

Quite a quick project but it looks pretty. I started with the plaque I have used for the main backing, then backed it with orange card. I edged the orange with Brilliance jumbo java ink and edged the backing card with Brilliance mango madness ink. I then used Musical Notes Adhesive Ribbons across the bottom of the card.
To embellish the card, I used a yellow flower with a card candy centre in the top corner, and three card candy in the bottom corner. I then placed three flowers to the edge of the card with another card candy in the centre. To finish, I used a Heart Hobby House pin with clear beads on and a metal violin charm.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: -
drs designs blog - music for soul
the sister hood of crafters - may flowers
crafty ribbons challenge - flowers

8 comments:

  1. This definitely says "music for the soul" to me! Lovely card. That adhesive ribbon is beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the DRS Designs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card -love the violin hanging on the pin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely composition Kathryn the image of the piano with the music scoring is just lovely such a vintage feel and a sweet charm too
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great vintage feel your card has! I love all the embellishments! Thanks for playing along at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kathryn :-) very arty and fabulous ! very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck!
    hugs Tessa & Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous..... love the many stamps used and that it's such a versatile card (for either guy or gal). thanks so much for playing along with us in the sisterhood of crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vintage look of your card. It's fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete